Time to move things along. You want to get fit, lose a bunch of fat, improve strength and stamina and all that, right. Well, here are some immediate changes you can make!
- First up, you have checked in with a doctor/physio to identify your problem. If you have one.
- You’ve read the basic idea behind eating well, right? If not, here it is. Eat real food, dont eat stuff that comes in a box. And use better oils like ghee, butter and coconut oil. And yes, eat the yolk!
- Create your nutrition whitelist, right now. This is a list and quantity of foods you will eat everyday. For example, 3 eggs, one scoop of whey in milk etc.
- Start implementing the plate-inversion protocol. “Oh gosh, but it is so silly” — just shut up and do it. Reducing the amount of grains you eat is extremely important for your goals of getting fitter, and this is the best way for you to start.
- Remember, there’s no time like the present. Sit down over the weekend, plan this out. You plan most things in advance, why not your health? When that office meeting drags on, and you just had to snack on the junk available there — that can be prevented if you carried a small box of nuts with you, as an emergency snack. Think about situations where you did stuff that you weren’t too happy about, and solve these already.
- Eat sugar once a week. Yes, that’s it. And you haven’t done much to earn it yet, have you? It is a gift, use it wisely. And if you don’t use it, you lose it.
- If you want to lose weight, you got to keep your stress under control. You need to understand stress better for this first. Do read the article, get enough sleep and keep your stress levels low. High stress levels = no no.
- Clean up your pantry. If you have junk food, you will invariably eat it. So, pack all of it (yes, now!) and donate it. Out of sight, out of mind. Here’s some more quick and easy things you can try and implement as well, while you are at it. Improve your sleep, lose fat faster — simple stuff that you can implement.
- Based on what you can do, pick one of the following
- The goal is the goal! Be very clear about it. When faced with an option, think — will this take you one step towards your goal, or one step away from it?
That’s that then. 10 points to ponder, and I do want you to ponder over them. Once again, you need to sit down and plan this well. And you need to have your support system ready. Visualize yourself 6 months from now, saying “Damn, I really did it!”. Let’s go people!